This week in the workshop….
Our workshop and retial space are located at the Old Butter Factory in Bellingen, NSW. The original butter factory, known as the Upper Bellingen Co-operative Society, was built on this site in 1906. Construction of the new butter factory (including what was to become our workshop), was completed in 1927.
The Butter Factory continued to be operate here until a disastrous flood in the 1950’s with butter production ceasing on this site in 1963.
After a couple of reincarnations as a machinery store and a private residence the Old Butter Factory was developed into a craft and tourist complex. Awl leather moved to the site in the late 1980’s and we have been here ever since.
For more information on the Old Butter Factory, Bellingen, visit: